I grabbed several bunches and decided to make a carrot themed brunch – starring my fresh Carrot Spiced NuPlus pancakes topped with NuPlus Carrot Jam! Carrots are packed with vitamin A and are a rich sources of a wide spectrum of the vitamins and minerals our body needs. Carrots reduce the risk of heart diseases and cancers. Carrots also help support healthy vision. I always add NuPlus because it is one of Sunrider’s whole super foods!Back home, we gathered on my backyard deck – the sun was just peaking over the horizon and the sky was still deep indigo to prepare our Carrot themed Brunch and watch the sunrise. Here’s our menu: NuPlus Carrot Spice Pancakes with Homemade Carrot Jam Crisp turkey bacon Fresh blueberry, strawberry, raspberry, basil salad Scrambled eggs Ice Cold Carrot – Cocoa VitaShake (made with fresh carrot juice instead of milk, milk substitute or water)
Flourless NuPlus Carrot Spice Pancakes.Ingredients:
- 2 Packets of NuPlus Apple Cinnamon
- 3/4 pound Carrots
- 1 1/2 cups Flour or Flour substitutes*
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon Pumpkin Spice
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 1/2 cups Milk (for dairy free pancakes try Almond or Coconut milk)
- 1/4 cup oil
- 2 drops of Sunny Dew to taste
- 1 packet Quinary® Powder
- Place Carrots in a medium saucepan of boiling water. Let carrots boil about 12 minutes. Pierce with fork – carrots should be tender but firm. Place carrots in cold water to loosen skins. Drain, remove skins and mash until smooth.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, salt, spice, nutmeg.
- Add 2 packs NuPlus Apple Cinnamon
- Mix mashed carrots, eggs, milk and oil in a separate medium bowl. Blend sweet potato mixture into the flour mixture to form a batter.
- Add 1-2 drops of Sunny Dew to taste.
- Preheat a lightly greased griddle over medium-high heat. Drop batter mixture onto the prepared griddle by heaping tablespoonfuls. Let cook until golden edges become brown and the surface begins to bubble. Turning once with a spatula.
Health Benefits of Carrots: Want to learn more?
Check out these articles –
- This Washington Post: More Healthful Baking with White Flour Alternatives shares some amazing information healthy alternatives to White Flour.